I contacted Sallie Mae Tuesday, May 14, 2013 at 3:46pm to request a cancelation of my payment this month. At that time I was informed that I did not have a payment scheduled.

On May 22, 2013 I was charged an overdraft fee on my bank account in the amount of $30.00. I contacted Sallie Mae again on May 23, 2013 at 9:43am to register my complaint. At that time I was informed that they would process a refund to me, and that I would be taken off auto debit.

On May 24, 2013 I check my bank account to see if the payment had been processed into my account, and found yet another $30.00 over draft charge. I contacted Sallie Mae on May 24, 2013 at 9:27am and was informed that I was not withdrawn from auto debit.

On May 28, 2013 I again contacted Sallie Mae again at 6:15pm because my refund had still not been applied to my account. I was told it would be in my account on Monday the 27th. I waited until Tuesday because Monday was Memorial Day. The person I spoke with informed me that the previous person I spoke with had lied to me. That it would take 7-10 business days for the refund to be placed into my account. I of course became furious and frustrated with the situation, and demanded action. The supervisor informed me that they would put a ‘priority’ on my refund and I would have it in 24-48 hours. At this time I also double checked to make sure I had been removed from the auto debit, which they confirmed. I also specifically asked if this was effective immediately and was informed that, yes it was.

I checked my bank account the next day and found that I had been charged an overdraft fee yet again. That is $90.00 in overdraft fees. So, I once again contacted Sallie Mae on May 29, 2013 at 3:45pm. I immediately asked to speak to a supervisor and demanded an explanation for the continued lies. She informed me that it should have been explained to me that my removal from auto debit wouldn’t take effect until next month. Since I had them on the phone I inquired about my refund and was told that it was approved and on the way.

On May 31, 2013 at 6:34pm I again called Sallie Mae; I had waited the 48 hours and still had not received my refund. The Supervisor I spoke with informed me that once posted it would take 24 hours to get into my account. Yet another lie. I argued with this women and informed her that this was getting out of control. I keep being put off, and am sick of it.

This company has lied to me numerous times. I find this unacceptable. I live paycheck to paycheck and cannot afford any one messing with my finances. I have been given excuses and apologies, but I require money to live on.

Review about: Sallie Mae Loan.

Had an Experience with Sallie Mae?

Comments

Since you state you live " pay check to pay check" why in the world would you sign up for automatic debit in the first place? Easy fix - cancel auto debit and you will never have this issue again.